Sunday, April 29, 2012

Genius in mass

I'll be the first to admit that while I sometimes feel like a geyser of novel ideas, sometimes I just can't quite materialize what I'm looking for. And other times, I didn't even know I was looking for it!

I feel abundantly lucky to have so many rich relationships with other providers, including local, national, and abroad. There are so many interesting, and captivating ideas out there for preschool children. I love teaming up together as much as possible to share the genius.

I'm not sure why some providers fight this pooling of creative genius. If you teach children, and you are spending more time on trying to drag down your competitors, than you are passionately creating awesome experiences for your students, then you're doing it wrong.

Embrace your neighbors, befriend your competition, and the children will end up the winners. Isn't that who really counts here?

It's that genius, the kind where I didn't know I needed it until I saw it, that led to this today. I'm pretty certain this magnetic wall will become a home for lots of creative learning! For now it houses our Tegu blocks, but soon it will display an interactive plant diagram for our gardening unit.




No comments:

Post a Comment